Monday, July 5, 2010

Albuquerque

Friday two weeks ago, Laura and I were talking about the possibility that she might not be able to go. The numbers were daunting, and not very hopeful. She still needed to raise about $1500 to be able to get to Japan.

That Sunday, we spoke in both services of First Christian up there in Albuquerque. And God did something amazing.

We expressed in the early service that Laura had this need, and, I kid you not, not five minutes after we sat down, a woman I don't even know came to us and handed Laura a check for $1500.

One thing I have been telling myself for months when the numbers just seemed too scary is this: There is no recession in God's economy. And what I told Laura when she was starting to freak out about the numbers was this: If God wants you there, He gets you there.

The transition is no longer as scary as it once was. God would not call me to something I could not handle with His help. We leave in three days.

Geronimo!

No comments:

Post a Comment